Breast Cancer Awareness month - Day 6

Day 6. What is the main difference between early stage breast cancer and metastatic breast cancer?
Metastatic Breast Cancer (mbc) is treatable but no longer curable. Treatment is lifelong and focuses on preventing the spread of the disease and managing symptoms. The goal is for patients to live productive and comfortable lives for as long as possible.

I am thankful to have been referred to a doctor who takes it one step further. Some doctors will start a treatment at the highest dose and back it down until the patient is no longer sick from the treatment. My doctor will just start at that "no longer sick from the treatment" dosage. I've had a very easy time of it and until the pleural effusion incident a few weeks ago, I almost forget I'm a cancer patient.

Comments

Popular Posts