Breast Cancer Awareness month - Day 11

Day 11. Is metastatic breast cancer a chronic disease?
Not yet, but that is an important goal. As researchers identify more and better treatments, MBC could become a chronic disease like diabetes or HIV/AIDS, where patients can be stable on medications for 20 or more years.

I remember when HIV/AIDS first hit the scene - automatic death sentence, and a hard one. My better half lost his brother to AIDS and has spoken of how hard it was to watch someone he loved go through that. Now, people are living longer being HIV positive, thanks to research and new treatments, and quite often dying of something other than AIDS.

I hope that is the case with my cancer. I want to live a long time and die some other way, like the bungee cord broke or the parachute failed.

;)

Comments

Popular Posts