The fledgling


The weather has been spectacular the last few days and I have really tried to get out with the camera more. I was out the other day, with the intention of walking over to Wilkes-Barre but got held up by the Market Street bridge by a lot of screeching in the trees. The peregrine falcons were out! (This is like Christmas morning to me!)
The (cropped) photo above is of the fledgling. Bigger than the parent and with a heavily streaked breast, it seemed content to stay in the sycamore tree.


Mom/dad sat in a different tree. Occasionally it would fly back over to the bridge, but it always came back. Very vocal! After the thrill wore off (and I realized that the fledgling had no immediate intention of moving), I walked away.

I never made it over to Wilkes-Barre.

Comments

Popular Posts