Bits & pieces



I took care of some small details of the Oregon trip yesterday. Rented a car, confirmed hotels. All that's left to do is go and enjoy (and somehow find my way out of the airport and Portland in general). We should hit Cannon Beach just in time for a sunset, barring any fiascos!

Larry Bird was neutered last week. He seems a bit calmer now, but is still a kitten and thus, rambunctious. It's funny to watch Allen...he wants this newbie to stay away from him, but on the other hand, wants to play and instigates it. Best is the time both were laying on the bed and Allen had cranked at Larry for getting too close...but couldn't resist swatting at Larry's flicking tail, haha. Typical cat.

The woman in the house behind us died over the winter. For 6 years, I've looked down into her yard (in a not creepy way) and admired her hard work. Beautiful flowers and shrubs, a small garden, lots of bird feeders (taken down now). The lilacs bloomed, The peonies are in their glory right now. Rose of sharon will flower later in the summer. But no one is taking care of it, past mowing, and that makes me sad. I do not miss all of the house sparrows that hung out at the feeders, though. Dirty, noisy non-native pests.

I am so happy I can sit outside now!




Comments

Popular Posts