Polarized


A conversation the other night about spiders (they are massive on the Market Street bridge!) made me realize it had been forever since I had walked over one (bridge, not spider), so yesterday morning, off I went. This was the first time I've taken pictures from the bridge with the circular polarizing filter I bought several months ago. I have to say I'm impressed!
With the filter, one can see down into the water and to the rocky bottom. (I have to say I have no idea how the guys in boats navigate through those!)  Without it, the river looks sort of white because of glare. I do notice vignetting on some images, but when looking through the viewfinder, it's not apparent, so without really studying the issue, I don't know why it does it.

It was a good walk, by the way! Signs, graffiti, found items... I didn't know how much I really missed shooting things other than flowers - I got some fun images that should keep me busy for a bit.


And I can't walk by this mirror in the courthouse parking lot and not snap a selfie, hehe. (Big changes to the rear of the courthouse, with more on the way!)



Comments

Popular Posts