You may be dead, this time next year

I keep going back to this wall in Wilkes-Barre that has nothing to do with today's topic, because it's wonderful!

Nice thought, huh, the "you might be dead" thing? It was a realization I came to the other day and it was eye opening!
I try not to let my cancer rule me. There may come a time when it does, but for now, I feel good and able and not sick. I'm blessed! To really understand how I got to my realization, though, I have to digress. Lucky you!

While in Michigan, Sisters and I briefly touched on a trip next year. A friend recently posted pictures on Facebook from her trip to Olympic Nat'l Park - gorgeous! Maybe a destination next year?
After getting back home and starting to look into whether that destination could happen, I realized that might not be realistic, given my lung condition. Hiking isn't something I can easily do now and I'm guessing my lung is as good now as it ever will be again, so going to a very mountainous place with trails seemed like it wasn't the best thing. Plus, who knows how my health will be then? Will I even be well enough to travel? Or still alive (Hi! My name is Debbie Downer!) Which is when I had the epiphany (as morbid as it may be):

There is no guarantee that any of us will be alive this time next year. Eye opener! And even though I do my best to rule the cancer and not it, me....it was ruling me in at least that way.

And so, as a "screw you, cancer" move, I booked a room in Crescent City, California in July 2017. Pacific Coast Highway road trip! I want to see redwoods! I want to see more of the coastline! There is talk of an RV and maybe getting Brother to join us! Fingers crossed it happens :)







Comments

Popular Posts