The bright side

As usual, this has nothing to do with the post - it's some chippy paint I found on a walk.

Because of my cancer and treatment, I weigh a lot more now than I used to, my fingernails are weaker, I feel like I lose a LOT of hair (but still have a full head of it), I have a hard time walking and talking at the same time (the lung thing), my lower joints ache most days, the skin in my extremities seems way drier, my ambition level has dropped dramatically...*

But the bright side is, my oncologist sees no need for a colonoscopy! (Apologies to the person having one today!) I had talked to my primary care physician about being on chemo and wouldn't that take care of any colon worries. He said (if I recall correctly and paraphrasing) the chemo targets the fast-dividing cells (cancer, hair, nails, digestive tract) and that colon cancer is a much slower growing cancer than my breast cancer so it wouldn't touch that cancer.
With my diagnosis, I'm not worried about colon cancer and neither is my oncologist. That works for me.

* - I am by no means complaining! I have had it so easy and I am thankful for that every day!

Comments

Popular Posts