Liver spots


When I was first diagnosed with the metastatic breast cancer, a spot on my liver showed up on the CT scan. We never really got the word that it was definitely cancer and I never felt the need to push the issue because I already had cancer. If the general population had these intensive scans, how many would "find" things that weren't an issue at all (but still showed up on the scan)? It was in my body. I mean, now I get that we need to keep track of where it is and all, for progression purposes, but 2 years ago, it was all new and I HAD CANCER.

I had a CT scan a few weeks ago. Results...the spot on my lung has grown (my tumor markers are up, too). Used to be pea-sized and now it's the size of a grape. Because the spot has grown, fluid in the lining of the lung can be an issue, as experienced a year ago. This time, I've experienced pressure and tightness in my chest and back, made worse when I've eaten too much or when I laugh hard (and I laugh a lot). So, I had a x-ray to rule out fluid in my abdomen. (There's a point to this story...I'm just taking the long way, haha) Result: no fluid in my abdomen - YAY. However...

On the xray order, the liver spot was listed as a secondary malignant neoplasm. Breast cancer tends to spread to liver, lungs, bone & brain.  I've now covered the L's in breast cancer metastases - lung and liver.  I've no idea how a liver metastasis presents, so I've got some reading to do!

Long story short - my breathing is a bit labored with exertion, but I still feel ok. I'm not in pain or sick. I'm planning trips and anticipating the birth of my grandson, thinking already about Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas.
Life is still good.

Comments

Popular Posts