Nature is fantastic


The part of Oregon that we drove through to get to Cannon Beach had pine trees (maybe the whole state does). Lots of them. And they were taller than any I've seen here. In many places along the highway, we went through a tunnel of trees! Add to that the low clouds and mist - I can't tell you how many photo ops I missed for lack of a pull-off! It was a really beautiful ride.
When we got off the main highway, we were better able to get a good look at the trees and they were "furry"! All covered in moss because of the moist environment, it was kind of other-worldly.


These shots were taken on our way out of Ecola State Park. I'm not sure the sun ever penetrates this forest for any length of time! People may look at this and think, "meh, it's just a bunch of trees", but I won't soon forget them!

Comments

Popular Posts