I stop for stray dogs, so why not cattle?


While driving back to the highway from the wildlife refuge (elk!), daughter and I spotted these lovely ladies in a pasture. They are very healthy looking beef cattle - my guess is the reds are Red Angus and the blacks are a Limousin Flex. Really gorgeous specimens.
Also gorgeous (more cute, really) was the calf that had jumped the fence and was out by the road. Staaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhp! I pulled over and while I kept the calf off the road, daughter went to nearby houses looking for an owner. Best we could do was a tenant and a young 4-Her who kept her steer on the property. It worked. The fence had to be opened because Cocoa (she has a name!) wasn't going back over and instead kept trying to go through, but it was a quick fix.

We went to Oregon to see things we couldn't see here, and we ended up doing something we weren't likely to do here, either. Living the dream, haha!



Comments

Popular Posts