Did I tell you about the flowers?





It seems we picked the perfect time to visit Cannon Beach, flower-wise. There were lush flower beds everywhere! All down the main street, on the back streets, in yards...in the moist, cooler climate in the PNW, they don't bake like they do here. No browning leaves or shriveled petals. Had we visited in November, we would have missed all this beautiful! (I still wouldn't mind seeing CB in November!)
There were many flowers I didn't recognize, but some were familiar, like the hydrangeas.


Here in Pennsylvania, you see one hydrangea in a yard. Blue or pink, depending on the pH of the soil. In Cannon Beach, the colors were varied.





And there was never just one plant...sometimes it was a whole hedgerow!  This was a very striking corner and I was not the only person that stopped for pictures!



There were other flowers, too. I didn't get pictures of a lot of them because there were people in the way, also enjoying them, but trust me, they were all very pretty!




Flower-geek out. :)

Comments

Popular Posts