I have an urge to talk like a pirate, because barnacles...arrrgh.



Low tide at Haystack Rock is the time to see the tide pools where all the fun stuff lives. Starfish, sea anemones, mussels and barnacles, to name the ones I'm familiar with, are visible quite easily. The landscape looks like another planet!


All that's asked is that you walk on bare sand and rocks, so as not to disturb anything.



When there is enough water to cover them, the sea anemones are beautifully flowy. I saw green ones and pinkish ones. Some were quite large. 



When there isn't enough water to cover them, they look all puckered and not flowy...which bothered some people (ahem, daughter). It's an unusual sight, for sure. I wish I could've seen these when there was water.



The rocks were covered with mussels, which were covered with barnacles! It looked very harsh and sharp. I know I have a close-up shot somewhere - it's actually quite pretty in a hard way. 



The shot above is on approach to the tide pools. These shots are from the small Nikon P&S camera I sometimes carry (some people carry a concealed weapon, I have a concealed camera, haha), although daughter took a lot of these shots. I have yet to get through all I shot with my big Nikon - I'm getting there slowly and will post anything I like (which may look just like some of these, but they are different, I promise!)

Doctor today (which probably explains yesterday's ramble - I have to think about the cancer to remember anything I should mention to the doctor). I expect no surprises. I feel great, have been less achy for whatever reason and am already planning next year's travel (sisters, are you ready?)!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts