You snooze, you lose



Or I snooze, I lose? Unless I go to a higher elevation, I think I missed the lilacs this year. I was distracted by dogwoods and tulips! I love the smell of lilacs and am thrilled when I can find white ones. The dark ones are especially hard to find here...off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you where to find those. (I can direct you to the others!) I feel like lilacs aren't as popular here as they are in Michigan, but I am "remembering" from my childhood which was several years ago, (ha!). I just know that upon my arrival here almost 30 years ago, I thought there were too many rhododendrons and not enough lilacs. (The lack of a level landscape was also noticeable!)

I guess this gives me a project to look forward to next year...lilac hunt!

Comments

Popular Posts