My head is busy with other stuff, thank you.


Doctor today! Blood will be drawn, my port will be flushed and I'll get "see you in six weeks". I do plan on talking about my lung, which isn't bothering me too much at the moment, but has the potential to be a party pooper at some point. When last I went to have fluid drained, I was told the fluid is in pockets like bubble wrap, not one single pocket. The X ray was pretty impressive, too - whereas ideally my whole lung (or where it is on the X ray) would look black, at least half was white, indicating fluid.
It isn't an issue at the moment, but doing a good clear-out would involve a more invasive procedure and a hospital stay. I'm not ready for that yet. I think the larger issue to deal with at the moment, is making sure I get enough oxygen and signs that I am not - what are they? I feel my pulse if I try to scale the dike - is that heart or lung?

I feel great, so no worries needed...these are just things I get to think about occasionally, when I am not thinking about the Outer Banks, Oregon, MY FIRST GRANDCHILD or flowers.
Life is still good!

Comments

Popular Posts