We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

On the Avon Pier


Well, that was a hoot! My first visit to the Outer Banks is on the books and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot! I'm very glad we went pre-season...the beaches were ours, for the most part, except for the fishermen. Weather was good, save one rainy day. Even then, we were able to visit the pier and see some really awesome surf. We took a ferry to another island, had the sinfully delicious Apple Uglies, saw lots of shore birds (exciting to me!) and more than one pretty sunrise and sunset.
I am already thinking about doing it again next year!

The drive home was pretty uneventful and the boys were thrilled to see us when we got home (I didn't know Lucky could move the way he did...he bounded across the living room to me!). It was good to get away and it's good to be home.

Next up, Oregon!

Comments

Popular Posts