Sunsets, starfish, sea anemones and more! Woot!

Not my photo, so thank you Wikipedia.
A few months ago, I saw a show on tv that was filmed in Cannon Beach, Oregon. It looked like a really pretty coastal town, so I googled. And fell in love! Haystack Rock (the rock at the very back) fascinates me because of the sheer enormity...it's HUGE. 235 feet tall huge. Throw in some gorgeous sunsets and tidal pools filled with starfish, sea anemones, mussels and who knows what else, and I'm interested!

Fast forward to Monday, which was my birthday. My sons and their wives came over and we had a fun time eating cake and goofing around. How about dramatic readings of the birthday cards? Too funny, as everyone tried to one-up the others in who loves me best (fine, I'll sit and bask in it!). And then I was presented with my gift.

My sons are sending me and their sister to Cannon Beach in July! I AM GOING TO SEE HAYSTACK ROCK AND STARFISH AND SEA ANEMONES!
I'm a little excited.

(I think Goonies must've been filmed around here, as several people recognize Haystack Rock. I've never seen Goonies.)

(My sister sent this photo
from Bintan, an Indonesian island they are on right now, while visiting my niece in Singapore...
I may need to start talking this place up for next year's birthday, haha!)

Comments

Popular Posts