It's dog eat dog when grown ups play


Easter was such a great day! I took a quick trip out with the camera to capture these lovelies (and to pick up rolls that we'd forgotten to get) and I realized how nice it is that the outside is becoming more pleasant. A sweatshirt sufficed. I like that.

I did an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Keep in mind, eldest will be 32 this year, has a responsible adult job, a wife and is a pastor, son #2 has spent time in Afghanistan driving really expensive Army vehicles and the Mojave desert, training soldiers to go to Afghanistan, and son #3 spent a year at Guantanamo Bay and also has a wife. All grown-ups.
They had a blast! Adult egg hunts are more cutthroat than those for children (or maybe not, PEZ?) and one would think they had never had candy before! There was blocking and racing and swiping eggs from others...ruthless!
Dinner was nice and informal, potluck. The ex and his soon to be wife (my kids will have a step-mom!) joined us and this will sound so corny, but one of the objectives was memories. Not for me, but for the kids. It's in the back of the mind...will this be the last [insert holiday here] together? Thankfully, it's in the waaaaaaay back and I barely thought of it.
I feel good, my tumor markers went down and I have plenty left to do, so I hope to do another egg hunt next year!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts