Last day



My current treatment is an oral chemo. The cycle is 28 days - I take a pill for 21 days and then have 7 off. It is not a hard treatment - I have hair, my fingernails are much stronger on this treatment than my first (it's the little things, haha) and seriously, I eat breakfast and have chemo at home - it can't get much easier than that!

I was thinking the other day (I'm told that's dangerous) that maybe I should be keeping track of my days by jotting down how I feel or what I'm experiencing. For instance, I seem to get the sniffles at some point during the cycle. Not bad, but noticeable. Others on the drug have mentioned the same thing. And fatigue. I stop short of calling what I feel fatigue because I guess I think of that as flat-out down, can't function tiredness. I feel like I feel lethargic, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it - like a placebo effect, so to speak. It's listed as a possible side effect, so it's already in my head, you know?

And before I could fully express that to my rock (I <3 him bunches), he was telling me that yes, it gets noticeable as the days go on but by about day 3 of the 7-off, my spark is back.

I am so glad I wasn't imagining it! Sometimes I feel guilty for not wanting to get out and walk in the beautiful sunshine, for example, because I don't look sick and I for the most part don't feel sick. It's messed up! Thankfully, I have people around me who don't care that maybe today I will just hang out on the couch watching HGTV.

Today is day 21. I'll be back outside in a few days :)

Comments

Popular Posts