Flowers & sunshine

posies

I am hopeful the two combined will improve my mood.

This is when I start feeling the loss.  No preparations, no traveling, no thank yous to write...nothing to keep one's mind off of it.  Just time to think and realize that when the phone rings, It won't be Mom.

There are funny memories, though and I am lucky enough to have one in a voicemail, in fact the last one from my mom.

She was a hummer.  Constantly.  It wasn't really a song - it was never anything recognizable to us.  Just sound. La la la, hm, hm, hm.

One day, she was out with my sisters and a niece.  The sisters ran into a store real quick (it never is with them, though, haha), leaving niece & Mom in car alone.  Mom hums.  Niece sends a text message to my sister saying something along the lines of "if Grandma doesn't stop humming, my head's gonna explode"...and sister, being absent-minded sister, doesn't have her phone on her.  It's in the console, right next to Mom, who picks it up because it made a noise...and sees the text.

So, several weeks ago, I get a new voicemail.  It's my mom..."Hi Jeanne!"  and then just humming.  It brought smiles to the sib's when I played it for them. It will be saved.

So flowers & sunshine will be quick mood enhancers while time does the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts