A romp of otters

otters

How about some HAPPY today?  I cannot look at these guys and not smile!

single otter

I really wouldn't mind a family of these setting up house on the river here.

land

The keeper did tell me they can be a bit nasty (when in their pool), so if they come, I promise not to swim in the river. Heh.

DSC_4750es

*smile*

(This post is inspired by a list I found online, of what to call groups of animals.  I needed to know what a group of ducks is, knowing it wasn't herd -although I do like that!-  and not sure if it was flock (nope - it's raft).  There are common ones like a gaggle of geese and a clutch of hens but then you get into some fun ones like a prickle of porcupine(!), a gang of elk, a cackle of hyena, etc.  I had hoped to find zebras and penguins on the list because I have pictures of groups of them, too.  Not on the list, dang it.)

You can find the list here.

Comments

Popular Posts