I am the zoom


I splurged and bought myself a new lens (Merry Christmas!). I've had the itch for a new one for a while and finally settled on a 35mm f/1.8 Nikon lens. This is a fixed lens, not a zoom, so I will be the one moving in and out for the best shot, not the lens. It's supposed to be good in low light situations and nice for portraits, which will come in handy after the baby is born. This lens is specifically made to work with my type of camera so there is an autofocus motor, and also a manual focus ring - the 50mm doesn't autofocus on my camera and I wanted that. The 85mm was too pricey.  I bought refurbished, so it was cheaper and almost better than brand new, in that someone actually looked it over as opposed to something coming out of a factory subject to random checks.






I only used it a little yesterday (wasn't the weather great yesterday?!) and can't wait to try it out in different places soon! It does work for landscape shots, and from what I've read, it is closer to what we see with our eyes. I know from experience with the 18-55mm (and 70-200mm), I see something, shoot, look at the picture and think, "It's so far away/not how it was in my eye!", so we'll see on that point!

Comments

  1. Those are really nice. Maybe I'm crazy but it does seem like proportion is close to what I'd see with my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to use it on more than the dogs to see - they were over yesterday and I couldn't really get out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts