Sing a song, sparrow



If you stand long enough near the brush growing along the river this time of year, eventually a song sparrow is going to get close enough for a decent shot. This is a crop of that shot.
I took advantage of yesterday's sunshine for a walk down to the river. My thought was that perhaps I'd see some migratory water fowl, but no such luck. The river is high and fast right now, too, so I couldn't go past the bottom of the boat launch. I was stuck on the upper bank.

The birds are very chatty this time of year ad there was an abundance of them. Lots of robins and sparrows and I could hear a nuthatch. Son and I saw an eagle flying over and around the Pierce Street bridge the other day - one day all of the planets will be in alignment and I will have the camera, the right lens and be in the right spot for a great shot. Until then, I have pictures of startled ducks. Woo hoo.




Comments

Popular Posts