Everything but the kitchen sink



The Suskie Bassmasters held a clean-up in Nesbitt Park on Saturday. Friend and I headed down to help. The park was rather a mess after a windy winter, with a newly downed tree, several trees that have been down for more than a year and so many sticks and twigs (silver maples, grr!). And a toilet. Yes, somebody drove into the park and dumped a toilet. Not hidden in the brush or behind a tree. Nope, they just plopped it out onto the grass. I saw it from a distance when I was walking the dog Friday night and convinced myself it couldn't be a toilet because who would do that? It was a toilet.


There was plenty of garbage - I filled a bag in a very small area between the boat launch and the bridge. Many bags were filled and surprisingly, we found no tires. Maybe us catching a guy dumping and going to the magistrate to testify a few months ago helped?

RFP's John Maday & Suskie Bassmaster's Chris Ostrowski during the clean up


I think this was the first time Riverfront Parks Committee has worked with the Suskie Bassmasters. They are a nice group of people who enjoy the river and want to take care of it. They worked hard on Saturday and I, personally, really appreciate it. The park looks loads better!
And this year, Suskie Bassmasters will also have a presence at Riverfest! Awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts