Like a magpie with shiny things



Except for me, it's color! I am drawn to bright things, be they fabric, art, plants, birds or geegaws, so when we happened upon some (commissioned) street art on the carousel building in Asbury Park, I had to stop. There were several that were less colorful and just sort of weird ( a half-child, half-octopus thing... I don't like to have to think about art, just show me pretty), but several were whimsical and made me happy to look at.


I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea. There are things I certainly don't get (I'm looking at you, Pablo Picasso), It just gives me more time to stare at the things I do get! These paintings weren't up when we visited in 2014, so they were a pleasant surprise. The beach is beautiful and I can amuse myself for hours there, but pictures of waves start looking alike and so visual treats like this are a great way to pass time for me.


And by the way, magpies stealing shiny things for a nest? Not true.


Comments

Popular Posts