I went to camp


Livestrong camp was this past weekend. I went for the day on Saturday, the day we had the weather. Snow in the woods is pretty. It was cold, though! A lot of the day was spent outside and I did a lot of walking. Judging by Sunday's 6 hour nap, it really wore me out! Everything is up a hill and with my breathing, that's a challenge! You automatically think that there had to be downhill walks, too, but I think we were on some mystery gravity land that never had us going downhill! In reality, I was trying to keep up, because I dawdle when I have the camera with me and people were kind enough to wait (which, when with camera, I hate) and I felt bad holding them up, so I hurried. Going fast means getting winded, so it was all uphill, it felt.

Anyway, I tried archery and glass painting, had a reiki session and learned that I am horrible at taking directions while blindfolded. Will I do it again? Honestly, probably not. Only 2 others from my class attended, and while everyone from previous classes was kind and welcoming, it was clear they had a bond that anyone joining now just wouldn't be able to crack. And that's ok! Honestly, I'm not much of a social animal and am quite happy at home. And that means more beer for everyone else!

Comments

Popular Posts