Bye, bye, bye

bye

I've alluded once or twice to not being entirely happy with where I spent my days.

It is no longer an issue. I was approached by an acquaintance several weeks ago about an opportunity opening up soon in the area. I applied, did all the testing and waited. I was offered a position last week, to start next week. And when I gave notice, I was essentially fired. I was told not to come back.

And that should give you some idea of why I didn't like being there. I understand the company does not have to keep me on past when I gave notice and if this had been done in a good spirit, fine. It wasn't. The person in charge takes something like this personally, and so she struck back. In trying to explain her management style to others, I would say it was like Henny Penny meets Emily Litella. Go off on a rip about something without knowing the facts and then when things were explained, never mind. Not a good management style for me.

And so now, WOO HOO! Surprise vacation!! Yay! Thank you, ex-boss :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like the right move. Enjoy your break and all the best with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I plan on time with daughter, who will be moving soon to join her husband. Maybe this was the plan all along, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts