Another fine day

walk

Day 3 of unemployment week saw daughter and dogs come over for some stick fetching, squirrel chasing and a walk. I left all but the walking to them.

After about 15 minutes of heavy duty fetching, we meandered under the bridge and into Kirby Park. The weeping willows looked like they were decorated with gold tinsel!

willow

It was a fun walk. The dogs cleared several parts of the park of squirrels - fun to watch how these 2 dogs from the same litter go about "the hunt". Cisco, the ball obsessed, stick-loving brother just wants to go get the squirrel and will climb the tree if possible to get it. Murphy, the one that really only wants a toy or stick so as to keep it from Cisco, shows their breeding (mom was an Australian Shepherd) by crouching and creeping in slow motion. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying these guys a flock of sheep because they need to work.

fetch

I want to make it clear I am in no way making light of unemployment. I have been laid off before (also during a very unseasonable stretch of weather!) and know it can be stressful. I am lucky to have something lined up and I can't wait to start! In the meantime, I am living today and liking it!

(the last photo is from a different walk in the same area)

Comments

  1. Glad you're enjoying these days. Having a job already lined up makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts