Light bulbs and life


I was in one of the big hardware stores yesterday to get bulbs for the bathroom cabinet. A sales associate came over and really gave me the spiel on the LEDs and CFLs and halogens and how much they cost to use over the years and how many years they last, etc. He said something about mercury gases (CFLs), if a bulb is hot, it is costlier to run and on and on. I let him talk because why not?

He seemed to be quite the proponent of LED bulbs. Initial cost on those was about eight to ten dollars a bulb. A BULB. They are so totally worth it though, because the life of the bulb is 22 years!

And as he said that, I thought, "I'll be lucky if I make it 5 years, buddy."

I went with the halogen at two dollars a bulb. All I really want is light in the bathroom at this moment. If I'm still around in 22 years, I'll rethink those LEDs.


Comments

Popular Posts