River of the Year


The Susquehanna North Branch was voted the 2016 Pennsylvania River of the Year! I headed out onto the Veteran's Memorial Bridge yesterday to see about getting a good shot of the river from above.


After several days of no ice, the temperatures have cooled enough for the ice pods to reappear. The water level is also higher than it has been in a long time. This is part of what makes the river so fun to photograph - it's always changing!

You can read more about the win on the Pennsylvania Environmental Council's page.


Comments

  1. I think it would be fun to see the changes every day. I enjoy living next to the railroad track. Just the sound of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at it every day for 5 years - I've had to run out with the camera for half of that, because I can see something different (light, ice, level).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts