Chunky bits

         Monday afternoon

Sunday morning, I walked up onto the bridge to look at the river because it was ice-covered almost the entire width. By afternoon, most of the ice was gone. By evening, more ice. I've noted before that the river is never constant and Sunday was a good example of that.

When I looked out on Monday, the river looked especially packed, so Son and I walked up to the bridge for a look. The water still moves when it gets like this, but because there was so much ice, everything seemed to be at a standstill.  Because Son hadn't seen the ice close up (he's spent the last 5 years going wherever the Army decided he should be and none of it involved ice), we headed down under the bridge.

Under
These chunky bits weren't as thick as some I've seen but they were impressive nonetheless. Had I not had Son with me, I probably wouldn't have gone down to this spot, as I "fell" last year. I took a step down and just kept going. Nice bruise. I do learn by my mistakes.

Boat launch

Next stop was the boat launch, for a ground level view. It's hard to tell from the photo, but further out in the river, it was jam-packed with great slabs and chunks of ice. Water is powerful and the pieces are pushed up and out and over! Quite a jumble!

Isn't this river just a great thing to have access to?!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts