I'm right in front of you

This has nothing to do with my rant below. Just pretty trees.


My current treatment is in capsule form and it is shipped to me by a specialty pharmacy. Last month, the brown truck delivered it to the wrong place and I was "scolded" (by a ride along trainer) for calling the driver on it because he was new. I was nice. This guy had just left $10,000 worth of pills in front of a door in a different apartment complex. Thankfully, shipping notifications and the other complex being right next door made resolving it a bit easier.

So, when the specialty pharmacy called to set up delivery for this month's pills, I chose to have it delivered to the brick & mortar store. Call me crazy, but I don't like to gamble (or sit by the window waiting to see if the brown truck will stop or if I have to chase it down).

Now normally, I go to a chain pharmacy that is on the corner of healthy and happy. The pills had to be shipped to that pharmacy that doesn't sell cigarettes anymore, because that is the chain affiliated with the specialty pharmacy. It isn't a huge issue, as I had some errands to run and the store is nearby.

I walk back to the pharmacy counter and my HIPAA senses get to tingling because there's just a cluster of people standing there. No privacy! I hate that...and my normal pharmacy is like this, but to a lesser extent. But that isn't what this is about. I digress, surprise!

There are 2 people working the counter so the line moves along steadily. I do have patience with this because I've worked on the other side of the counter. I get to the second in line spot and...ding! A computery voice says something about lane 1 of the drive-thru.
And off goes one of the counter people.

Um, no. I get the drive-thru is convenient and probably much easier for people with mobility issues, but do not leave people who have been standing in line for 10 minutes to go help someone that just pulled up! My regular pharmacy also has a drive-thru, but they normally have someone other than the counter people (like the pharmacist) that covers it. If not, they tell the drive-thru customer it will be a minute.

Maybe I'm just getting crankier.

Comments

Popular Posts