What I like

blur

I like this photo. I've no training in photography.  It's not a "good photo".

I once went to a photo club meeting (as a guest) where the speaker talked about being prepared to shoot.  He suggested,among other things, carrying a pair of small scissors* to cut away errant blades of grass that might get in the way and he expounded on the horrors of glare (see photo above!).  Those 2 really stuck in my mind because scissors, really?!  - I am lucky if I have more than one lens with me! - and glare really helps some shots and sometimes even makes them.  I got this shot by shooting up into a breezy tree, on manual focus because auto just couldn't latch onto anything.  I really was trying to focus on something, and I did, eventually (see yesterday's photo).  And so goes how I shoot.  I have a lot of what Bob Ross called "happy accidents".

All my photos need to do is appeal to me - if other people like them, that's cool, too.

*The friend I attended with is a Susquehanna Co resident I met through Flickr. We meet several times a year for photo safaris and still joke about not bringing scissors. "Guess our photos are gonna be all crappy because we forgot the scissors!", haha.  I need to call her for a long overdue safari.

Comments

Popular Posts