I did take that walk


I was trying to get a picture of the skipper that landed on this dandelion. (One antenna can just barely be made out in the photo.)
It was awkward. The side of the dike is sloped (drastically!), I am not as agile as I used to be and I know how many dogs walk along that dike. And pee along the dike. And do other things along the dike. I wasn't about to plop down to the ground there, so I just sort of held the camera down and hoped for the best!

I let the camera auto-focus and I couldn't really see what it decided to focus on until later. While I'm a little disappointed that the skipper didn't make it into the shot, I'm ok with the little curlies being the the stars. I never noticed that about dandelions until I captured it "on film", and think it's a sweet little detail.
The camera has helped me see many things that I would've missed otherwise. I like that.

Comments

Popular Posts