They don't make 'em like that anymore


When we got to Steamtown the other day, there were several classic antique Rolls Royces in the lot. My guess is 1920s or 30s, and I think I heard someone say Ghost. Car enthusiasts probably know all of this, but frankly, I cared about two things.

First, the hood ornament! This gorgeous lady adorned all of the cars (and looking at this photo, I am realizing the steering wheel is on the wrong side! Totally missed that in person.). I love, love, love hood ornaments and think they ought to make a comeback!

Second, no windows! It was in the 40s, overcast and breezy and while the cars had a canvas top, there were no windows! That would be one chilly ride! I must admit, I did tease one owner we met about having a Rolls but not being able to afford windows. His wife, who was bundled in a fur coat and hat, laughed.

Comments

Popular Posts