Night photography

nightfog4

I haven't done too much night photography. Like indoor photography, it is something I struggle with, mainly because I don't know how to get the results I want. To be honest, I've not spent much time working on either, so that may be a gigantic factor in my suckiness at it. 

I went out one night last winter to try my hand at it. I took a tripod and a raincoat. It was foggy and rainy.

nightfog2

Along the River Common, the lights throw a cooler glow than the lights on the bridge.

nightfog3

Drops on the lens added some flare.  By the time I headed inside, I was soaked.

nightfog1

I think I'll try again. If nothing else, it gets me outside in the winter, and at night, which both go against my natural inclinations (I like warm and cozy).

Comments

  1. i like all of these, the first is great...the last my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! I need to get a real camera so I can experiment more with night photography. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! (and you do a great job using what you use!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are nice. Try bracketing and you should soon work out what settings you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - so much to learn, but I'm having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts