Blur

7 tubs

Another weekend walk with daughter and her dogs...three weeks ago, already! I am not exaggerating when I say it really seems like yesterday.  Thinking back over those weeks, I can recall a committee meeting and dinner with a friend. Everything else is a blur. Work and home for dinner and bed, doing it again the next day.

Time is whizzing by and it's noticeable. I spent lots of years being at home with the kids and apart from the daily routine of hustling them off to school and fixing dinner, every day was different because softball one night, golf another, track, band, football, etc. And while I look at them and ask myself how my oldest is almost 30 already because I just put him on the kindergarten bus LAST WEEK, time never seemed to pass this fast, then.

I have to admit I am very comfortable in my rut. I don't want big adventures or to save the world - I am content. I am happy.

Just slow down a little, time. I don't want to miss anything!

Comments

  1. Time enough to just live and enjoy . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am lucky, in that I do enjoy. I'm easily pleased :)
    I think my mom's death makes me realize MY age. Now the sibs and I are the older generation - both parents gone. Or maybe, having been so busy while the kids were growing up, and now having lots of alone time, I have the time to dwell on things. Not sure I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts