Twelve million and 1

hi

That's how many photos I probably have just like this.  Summer, spring, winter, fall.  This place is very different from where I grew up, so this city, skyline, river always sort of fascinates me.

And this view, with these structures, will be no more.  I'm not sentimental about it.  I'm not going to miss it like I miss my kids when I don't see them.  I certainly never felt compelled to stand outside trying to draw attention to it.  (Someone please tell me how honking your "support" helps anything.  I'll wait.................)  I was in there only several times when it was still being used and several more, more recently.  I hate what has happened and how it happened, and why, and get frustrated that there are no consequences for all of it....as someone who was taught that "C" word (sometimes a little painfully!), and who imparted that knowledge on the kids I was responsible for, it really, really irks me.

I will miss it because it was pretty interesting to look at and made for quite a nice reflection shot.

(This all came about because of connectivity problems and browsing through old photos while waiting for a resolution.  I have LOTS.  I hope to pull together a decent "series" on the Sterling.  Someday.  When it rains.  And I have no internet.  Or tv. Or laundry.  Or dishes.  ETC. )

Comments

  1. Hi there, Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog and the follow, hope you liked what you saw. Looking forward to seeing more from you, :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts