Hickory Run


I visited Hickory Run State Park last week with the sisters and daughter. I'd been once to see Boulder Field, but didn't see much else on that visit - it was mostly a drive-by to view the mountain laurel in bloom.
Boulder Field

I have to say, Hickory Run is a much more accessible place for me than Rickett's Glen. Due to my mobility issues and my fear of heights, Rickett's Glen isn't a good place for me to see waterfalls. This Hickory Run waterfall was much easier to get to, once we figured out that doing the first part of the trail via the road was much friendlier to my issues. The trail was named Shades of Death, but it wasn't bad! There was a sketchy part, but like I said, the road was a workaround. We were rewarded with this beautiful waterfall! The trail may have gone farther, but in the interest of time, we stopped here.

Lily pads behind the falls
There's also a very nice little lake with a beach and picnic area that we got to enjoy with grandson and very few others, as the day we went was chilly and overcast (so in other words, perfect!).

I definitely want to visit again!

Along the Shades of Death trail


Shades of Death trail

Comments

Popular Posts