You were promised a story

Random photo 

I was diagnosed last week with ovarian cancer. The end. Ok, it's not really the end. It's the beginning, in fact, of a whole new disease!

I had been experiencing some abdominal discomfort and acid reflux. I also had lots of pressure through my rib cage, causing back pain. A recent chest CT scan and all of my bloodwork told us that my breast cancer was responding well to the new drug combo (Faslodex with Ibrance). But things just weren't right.
An abdominal CT scan was ordered and there it was. A mass near my left ovary and an abdomen quickly filling with fluid. That was causing the discomfort and moving all of my organs everywhere!

I had a paracentesis and finally, 4 days later, I feel pretty normal and not like I've been beaten up. If I move around too much, I do get uncomfortable, and we do expect some more fluid until the cancer responds to treatment, but I am feeling loads better!

I start a new treatment this week, while continuing the treatment for the breast cancer. Doctor expects it to go well and that we may actually knock this down before it spreads.

 I'm not sure about my relationship with God at this point, and right now, I'm giving him side-eye.


Comments

Popular Posts