Thank you, insurance company

I'm happy to have insurance. I am less than thrilled with their actions, sometimes. I am a special case. I've been vocal and whiny...my own advocate. I imagine that the CSRs cringe when I give my date of birth and they have to read my file, and I totally get that these are not the people with whom I have my beefs.

The ones I have a beef with are the ones that took a week to approve my new treatment. Really, big insurance company? I think about time, and the passage of it, a whole lot more since diagnosis. Lest anyone think I am being unreasonable, we weren't asking for something like a new skin cream for a rash (I don't have a rash!) or something trivial... this is a drug that we hope will kick the cancer back on its ass and give me another year or two (or longer!) before we need to find the NEXT treatment.

I am so very happy that health insurance is easier for people to get and afford now. I only wish it was easier to navigate through the hoops we have to jump through, sometimes.

IMAG0368

Comments

Popular Posts