Dead women walking

Morbid? Maybe to some. I will die from this disease unless I have a freak accident. That's my reality.

I read the linked article and cried, because she voiced several things that I have struggled with since my diagnosis. I can read that the average life expectancy for someone with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) is 26 months and it doesn't phase me - someone has to live longer than that to make that the average, and it may as well be me. I've only recently started my second round of treatment because round one stopped working after 15 months...there are women that are into double-digit rounds! This new one is oral. No injections for now, just a pill. 21 days on, 7 days off. Easy peasy (if my white blood cell count doesn't drop too low)!

Mainly, I worry about my kids (who are all adults and married/engaged) and what I will miss in their lives. That's what is hardest for me through all of this.

HOW TO HELP: Fundraiser for Easton school psychologist facing breast cancer

Comments

  1. The oncologist from the genetic study noted the same thing - some of her patients had been being treated for years and years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts