Pretty little birds at the zoo



One of the highlights of a recent trip to Michigan was a trip to the Detroit Zoo. Personally, I like zoos. The chances of me seeing a red panda or an ant eater outside of a zoo are pretty slim and a well run zoo takes care of the animals, caring about the physical and mental health of its inhabitants and affords us opportunities to see some beautiful, amazing creatures. If you hate zoos, nothing I say will change your mind, so please just enjoy some photos.


I love birds, too, and the aviary at the Detroit Zoo is a free-flight building. There's a stream for water-loving birds and loads of trees and birds walking across our path and zipping by in the air. It's really cool! I'm only posting photos of a yellow warbler-type bird today...I have photos of other birds I will post eventually (I'm honest, haha).  (I am kicking myself for not getting a photo of the boards that identified all the birds, thus "yellow-warbler-type".)
Anyhow, there was some nest-building going on somewhere and the pretty yellow birds were busy!





As I find time, I will post more photos from the aviary. There are some very beautiful birds living there and I was able to capture a few. I'm sure there were even more hiding in the foliage. Next visit!



Comments

Popular Posts