Hair

Me, many years ago with hair


Good read below at the link about hair and cancer and how we look to the world when we don't have it, or are growing it back. It also touches on what goes through one's mind when encouraged for surviving. Usually, I just say thanks. I think sometimes "educating" can come off as harsh and unthankful, no matter how nice I try to be. The person encouraging me has good intentions and is being kind, so I try to gauge just how much that person is ready to hear and go from there. I know there are metsters that would think I am wussing out, but tough. I think of other people's feelings. I'm bad that way.

I will have hair again, but I will always be in treatment. It will never be over for those of us with Metastatic Breast Cancer. It may just be a pill, it may be the infused chemical cocktails, it may be a monthly shot. It won't end, though.
For me, hearing the word "survivor" is tough. I'm survivING, but I won't make it out of this alive. Harsh reality, I face it, I'm ok with it (really! we all die! I just know what it will be, more than likely!) The best I hope for is progression free disease and for the most part, I've lived that so far from DX.
I'm not being negative, I am getting the best out of each day, even if I don't make it further than the couch - I've discovered METV and AntennaTV. and shows I remember from growing up...in black and white, sometimes!
Spring is coming, treatment for the ovarian cancer is ending in 4 weeks and then it's back to only a daily pill and monthly shots, no side effects to speak of and did I mention SPRING?!


Comments

Popular Posts